Creating Successful Social Media Pics
A picture Is Worth A Thousand Words
We eat with our eyes - and delicious looking food is something we like to boast about.Making your meals picture perfect has never been more important either, with Facebook, Instagram and Twitter the new review platform of your customers. So if you want your customers to be tweeting about the meal you have prepared for them, here are 5 basic plating tips to keep in mind to ensure your dish is #picoftheday.
- Be inspired by beautiful imagery. Use drawings and sketches to visualise your plate and practice pulling everything together before your peak service times.
Simplicity is key
- Remember to keep your plate clutter free so as to limit distraction and keep focus on the main ingredients.
- Presentation shouldn't overpower the flavour and function of a dish. Compliment with colours, shapes and textures.
Keep it in proportion
- Ensure you have the right ratios of protein, carbohydrates and vegetables to hit all the right notes nutritionally.
Highlight your hero
- Make sure your main ingredients stands out but remember to give your garnishes, sauces and even the plate itself lots of love!