How to Set up a Website for your Hospitality Business
Why Does Your Restaurant Need A Website?Creating a website for your restaurant in India is a smart investment that pays off over time. With an online presence, you can reach a broader audience and promote your business to potential customers who may not have heard of you otherwise. Showcasing your menu on your website, highlighting your restaurant's ambience, and providing essential information about your location and hours of operation, will help customers book a table or place an order online. This saves time and increases customer satisfaction with your service. Ultimately, having a website for your restaurant is a crucial aspect of your marketing strategy and can help your business stand out in the Indian competitive market. Seven Steps to Creating a Successful Restaurant Website:
1. Select a Website BuilderThe first step to creating a website for your restaurant in India is to choose a website builder that meets your requirements. Consider your budget and technical expertise when selecting the right platform for your restaurant. Some popular website builders in India include:
- Wix: https://www.wix.com/restaurant/website
- WooCommerce: https://woocommerce.com
- Squarespace: https://www.squarespace.com
- WordPress: https://wordpress.com/create-website
2. Choose a Domain Name and Hosting PlanAfter you have signed up for a website builder, you will need to purchase a domain name and hosting plan, as well as set up your email account. When choosing a domain name, use your restaurant's name. If the name is already taken, add a local element to it to differentiate your restaurant, such as the name of your city. It is generally recommended to own the .com version of your domain, so try to avoid using country domains. Next, select a hosting plan that has a dedicated service for your chosen website builder. Finally, set up your email account. Best practices include using a branded email account like email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Choose a ThemeSelecting a theme is crucial in creating an online representation of your restaurant. It is similar to designing a menu or finalising the interior of your restaurant. Consider the following questions when choosing a theme:
- What is your goal? Do you want to increase orders, facilitate online bookings or promote your restaurant? Find a theme that offers online ordering services or can integrate with one, like WooCommerce.
- What is your style? Do you want it to be dark and moody or fresh and bright?
- What cuisine do you offer? Make sure the theme reflects the authenticity of your offering.
- Guest Experience: Choose a theme that is easy to navigate and includes bold call-to-action buttons for ordering and booking. Use a theme that includes a dedicated section for customer reviews.
4. Set up Ordering & BookingIf your main goal is to increase orders and bookings, ensure that you have everything set up for convenient online ordering. For online bookings, integrate a system that coordinates with offline bookings. To accomplish this, ensure that all online bookings are recorded in your reservation book or system. Assign one person to check online reservations daily. For online orders, streamline the process and prevent delays by having a system in place that ensures online customers and physical in-house diners are not delayed. Allocate staff in your kitchen for "Food Delivery" or "Online Ordering" to prepare online orders only. This will improve the efficiency of the process, prevent overworked staff and reduce customer complaints.
5. Register on Google My BusinessHaving your restaurant listed on Google My Business (GMB) is important for several reasons in India.
- Increase your online visibility, making it easier for potential customers to find your restaurant.
- Provide important information about your restaurant, such as your location, hours of operation, menu, and contact details, which are displayed prominently on Google Search and Maps.
- Engage with customers by responding to reviews and questions, building a positive reputation online and attracting more customers to your restaurant.
- Customize your GMB listing by adding photos, updating your menu, and responding to reviews.
- Use GMB Insights to track how customers are finding and interacting with your listing, which can help you make informed decisions about your marketing strategy. Learn how to optimize your restaurant's Google My Business listing with our free guide.
6. Promote Your WebsiteLast but not least, marketing is crucial to bring attention to your new website. There are various ways to promote your website in India, including social media marketing, email marketing, and search engine optimization (SEO). If your budget permits, consider investing in online advertising to reach a wider audience and increase your online bookings and orders.
Disclaimer: The content on this page is merely suggestive and based on chef experiences. Nothing on this page is providing any assurance regarding an increase in sales, demands, profits or any other aspect whatsoever. Results arising from implementing the suggestions may vary and the website owner shall not be held liable.