Mastering Trending Italian Foods
Three Cheese Tortellini
- Roll dough: Run dough through a pasta machine. Fold dough, horizontally and vertically, and continue to run it through the machine, until dough is paper thin, semi-translucent and smooth.
- Fill: Place filling in a piping bag and pipe around 1 teaspoon into the centre of each pasta circle.
- Fold: Brush egg wash on one half of the pasta circle, then fold over to create a half-moon shape. Press edges together to seal.
- Shape: Push the pasta inwards slightly at the filling, bring the edges together and pinch them closed.
- Sauté onions: Sweat onions over a medium heat until they are translucent.
- Toast rice: In oil, heat the rice until it becomes slightly translucent. This takes 2-5 minutes.
- Add stock: Introduce stock, a ladle at a time, wait for it to absorb before adding more. Shake the pan to keep the rice moving and release the starch.
- Perfect the texture: The risotto should be creamy with a texture similar to rice pudding. The rice should be al dente, still with some bite.
- Make mash: Boil the water and remove from heat, whisk in Knorr Mashed Potato and then rest for 2 mins. Use a spatula to bring mash together.
- Make dough: Combine warm mash with choux pastry mix and cheese.
- Knead & roll dough: Knead the dough while it’s warm, but don’t overwork it. Portion dough and then roll into thin logs.
- Shape gnocchi: Cut the log into small pillow-shaped pieces, and press a finger into the centre of each piece. Place in a floured tray.
- Cook gnocchi: Cook the gnocchi in a pan of simmering water until the gnocchi floats to the top.
Disclaimer: The content on this page is merely suggestive and based on chef experiences. Nothing on this page is providing any assurance regarding an increase in sales, demands, profits or any other aspect whatsoever. Results arising from implementing the suggestions may vary and the website owner shall not be held liable.