Is Your Food Safe for Delivery?
1. Pick partners with the right delivery processesFood delivery companies seem to work in the same way — a customer places an order, their rider goes to pick it up and deliver it. But there is much more. Find out how their delivery riders handle the orders. How is the food kept? What is the maximum delivery duration? Does the company have an efficient delivery tracking system?
2. Ensure high food packaging integrityDelivering food in heat and humidity can be a challenge, affecting the quality and food safety of your delivered meals. Use long-lasting ingredients like Best Foods Real Mayonnaise and other practical, quality food packaging such as thicker, biodegradable materials that can hold moist food well for a longer period of time. Most importantly, ensure that your food delivery company uses insulated bags to keep your food warm and fresh during delivery.
3. Use long-lasting ingredients to avoid spoilageConsider having a line of dishes that are created especially for delivery. You can use better quality, long-lasting ingredients (like Kissan tomato puree, Kissan ketchup and Knorr Onion tomato gravy base) to make meals, that are fit for delivery.
4. Run inspections for consistent, optimal food safetyThe last thing any food operator wants is delivering spoilt or tainted foods that may harm customers or create a PR disaster. Hire staff dedicated to performing quality checks, or train your existing team in a certified food handling course to ensure that food safety standards are met.
5. Make the use of sanitisers, gloves and hairnet compulsoryKeeping the kitchen clean is the first step towards maintaining good food safety. Small practices like using hand sanitizers, gloves, and hairnets can go a long way. You can also place signs in the restroom to remind employees to wash their hands with soap after each visit. These are all cheap and easy ways to protect your food from being contaminated before delivery.
Great food delivery starts with the right ingredients.Opt for quality, durable ingredients when preparing food for delivery. Check out Unilever Food Solutions products to get started! Visit the webshop.
Disclaimer: The content on this page is merely suggestive and based on chef experiences. Nothing on this page is providing any assurance regarding an increase in sales, demands, profits or any other aspect whatsoever. Results arising from implementing the suggestions may vary and the website owner shall not be held liable.