Scroll down to view recipe
- 1 cup (135 g) Finely Grated Khoya (Dried Milk)
- 1/4 cup (33 g) All-purpose Flour (Maida)
- 1 pinch Cardamom Powder
- 1/2 tsp Rex Baking Powder
- 1.5 tbsp Melted Ghee
- 1-2 tbsp Warm Milk, as needed to knead the dough
- - For the Sugar Syrup
- 1.5 cups Granulated White Sugar
- 2 cups Water
- 1.5 tsp Rosewater
- 1/4 tsp Cardomom Powder
- optional Kewra Essence (optional)
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- to garnish Sliced Pistachios
- In a large mix together grated khoya, maida (all purpose flour), cardamom powder and baking powder. Mix until well combined.
- Add melted ghee to the bowl. Use your fingers to mix ghee with the khoya and maida
- Start adding warm milk, little by little until it all comes together as a dough. Don’t knead the dough too much. Just bring it all together to a smooth dough. Cover and let it rest for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile to wide a pan add sugar, water, cardamom powder, rose water and kewra essence (if using).
- Bring it to a boil. Add lemon juice. Then lower the heat and let the syrup simmer for 5 to 6 minutes. Once it’s a little sticky after 5 minutes, remove pan from heat and set aside. Keep it warm.
- Now give a quick knead to the dough. Make a small ball out of it. Work with soft hands and squeeze the ball between your palm to shape it. Form a smooth round ball with no cracks
- Repeat with the remaining dough. You'll get 14 balls of 15 grams each.
- Heat oil in wide kadai/pan on medium heat. Heat oil for 5 minutes on medium heat and then lower the heat to low-medium. Add the jamuns to the warm (not hot) oil. Fry until golden-brown. This will take few minutes, keep rotating the jamuns regularly with a spatula so that they get cooked evenly.
- Once they are dark brown in color, remove them from the oil.
- Drop the gulab jamuns in warm (not hot & not cold) sugar syrup. Let it soak the syrup for at least 30 minutes.
- Garnish with pistachios and serve warm or cold. You may also decorate them with edible silver leaf (chandi ka vark).
Popular RecipesVIEW MORE
Contact no : +022 254787 / 58977412
Email Id: email@example.com
Enter your details below
*Disclaimer: Free Demo & Samples will be offered only to Professional Chefs working in Hotels & Restaurants.
*For Professional Chefs Only