Mangalorean Prawn Gassi
Scroll down to view recipe
- 2 tsp Knorr Indian Aromat Masala
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 6-8 nos Curry Leaves
- 1 no Green Chilli Slit
- 1 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 2.5 tsp Kashmiri Red Chilli paste
- 3/4 cup Sliced Shallot onions
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 cup Coconut Milk
- To taste Salt
- 1.5 tbsp Tamarind/Kokum Extract
- 120 gms Prawn
- 2 tsp Coriander Leaves
- Heat coconut oil in a pan, Start with mustard seeds, curry leaves, green chilli slit.
- Add the sliced shallot onions and sauté them well.
- Now add the ginger garlic paste and cook it well.
- At this stage add the red chilli paste, coriander powder, turmeric powder and aromat masala.
- Now add the coconut milk and let the gravy simmer.
- Once the flavours come together add the prawns. Check for salt.
- Now add the tamarind/ kokum water and let it simmer. Finish with fresh coriander.
- Serve with an appam or a dosa.
- Tips- For making chilli paste, deseed the Kashmiri chillies and boil them in water. Once they get soften, strain it from water and grind to a smooth paste. You can the paste it some oil or use without cooking as well.