Portuguese Custard Tart
Scroll down to view recipe
- 2 tbsp Brown & Polson Custard Powder
- 3 sheets Puff Pastry (Frozen)
- 2 tbsp Caster Sugar
- 400 ml Cream
- 1 Orange Zest
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- - Icing Sugar (dust)
- Preheat oven to 220 °C.
- Cut each sheet into four 10 cm circles.
- Line 1/2 cup muffin pan with dough and refrigerate.
- Stir custard powder, sugar and 1/2 cup cream until smooth.
- Stir in zest and essence.
- Bring remaining cream to boil in saucepan.
- Stir quickly into custard mixture.
- Stir over low heat for 2 minutes until thickened.
- Cool for 5 minutes and pour into prepared cases.