Scroll down to view recipe
Serving Portions: 4
- 500 g Cleaned Squid (hood and tentacles)
- 40 Green Tiger Prawns
- 500 g Skinned Fish Filet
- to deep-fry Sunflower or Canola Oil
- - For Tempura Batter
- 225 g / 1.5 cups Brown & Polson Cornflour
- 225 g / 1.5 cups Plain Flour
- 500-600 ml Ice Cold Soda Water (from a new bottle)
- 500 gm Sliced onions, cabbage, carrots
- - For Sweet Chilli and Five-Spice Dipping Sauce
- 300 ml Thai Sweet Chilli Sauce
- 2 tbsp Light Soy Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Five-Spice Powder
- For the dipping sauce, mix together the ingredients and 1/4 cup (60 ml) cold water in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Cut the squid hoods across into 1cm-thick rings and cut the tentacles into pairs. Remove the heads from the prawns and peel, leaving the tail intact. Cut the fish diagonally across into thick strips about the size of your index finger.
- For preparing prawns, half-fill a deep-fryer or large heavy-based saucepan with oil and heat to 190°C. (If you don’t have a deep-fryer thermometer, test a cube of bread – it will turn golden in 30 seconds when the oil is hot enough.)
- For the tempura batter, sift the plain flour, Brown & Polson Cornflour and 1/4 teaspoon salt into a large bowl. Just before you start cooking, gradually stir the soda water into the flour mixture until just combined. The batter should be a little bit lumpy, but if it seems too thick, add more soda water. (When the tempura is cooked, you want the batter to coat the seafood in a very thin, almost transparent layer.)
- Drop the seafood pieces, in batches, into the batter, then lift out one at a time, and immediately drop into the hot oil. Deep-fry for 1 minute or until the batter is crisp and lightly golden, then use a slotted spoon or tongs to lift out. Drain on lots of paper towels. Repeat with remaining seafood.
- Transfer the seafood tempura to a warm platter with the dipping sauce, sliced onions, carrots & cabbage and serve immediately.
Popular RecipesVIEW MORE
Contact no : +022 254787 / 58977412
Email Id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Enter your details below
*Disclaimer: Free Demo & Samples will be offered only to Professional Chefs working in Hotels & Restaurants.
*For Professional Chefs Only