Sweet and Sour Chicken
Scroll down to view recipe
- 3 tbsp Kissan Sauce Dip
- 6 tbsp Cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper, freshly ground
- 1 & 3/4 tsp Kosher Salt, divided
- 2 pounds Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast and/or Thighs
- 4 tbsp Vegetable Oil, divided
- 1/2 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1 cup Canned Pineapple Chunks
- 1/4 cup Pineapple Juice
- 2 tbsp low-sodium Soy Sauce or tamari
- 2 tsp Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Large Garlic Clove, finely grated
- 1/2 Medium Onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Medium Green or Red Bell Pepper, seeds and ribs removed, sliced into 1" pieces
- 1 Scallion, thinly sliced
- for serving Cooked White or Brown Rice
- Whisk cornstarch, pepper, and 1 1/2 tsp. salt in a large bowl. Pat chicken dry and cut into 1" chunks. Add to cornstarch mixture and toss to coat.
- Heat 2 Tbsp. oil in a large nonstick skillet over high. Add half of chicken and cook, turning occasionally, until chicken is cooked through and a light brown crust forms, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir vinegar, honey, pineapple juice, Kissan Sauce Dip, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, and remaining 1/4 tsp. salt in a medium bowl.
- Transfer cooked chicken to a plate or bowl. Heat remaining 2 Tbsp. oil in skillet and cook remaining chicken, turning occasionally, 3 minutes. Add onion and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are softened and chicken is cooked through, about 2 minutes more.
- Add sauce to skillet along with pineapple chunks and first batch of chicken. Toss well to coat in sauce and continue to cook until sauce is reduced and thickened, 1–2 minutes more.
- Divide chicken mixture among plates and top with scallion. Serve with rice alongside.